Thursday, March 24, 2011

BodyRock Survivor Wo Again- AAF Style

Well, I wasn't able to do the Bodyrock Survivor workout yesterday like I was planning.  The movers came too early for me to be able to get it in in the morning and by the afternoon, my fever was back and I chose a nap over a workout.  This morning though, I jumped back in and got it done.  It was a good one again and I really like the set-up.  Since all of our weights and my kb are either in boxes or on a truck already, I didn't do the TGU like last time.  Instead, I used the capoeira move that Zuzana recently showcased on bodyrock.tv: http://www.bodyrock.tv/2011/03/15/just-cant-get-enough-exercise-challenge/.  I was surprised at how high my HR stayed during this move.  I really figured my HR would drop a bunch and I was going to cycle between this move and something more cardio, but my HR stayed up there (and increased) so I did the capoeira move for the entire 2nd round of the 5 minute work.  I also decided to add a bit more to this workout this time around by adding in 3 pull ups after each part, for a total of 12 pull ups.  Adding in the pull ups also made this a bit more of a full body workout versus a lower body intensive workout.  Here is the link to the last time I did this workout: http://asymptoticallyapproachingfitness.blogspot.com/2011/02/bodyrock-survivor-workout.html and here is the workout breakdown:

Part 1: 5 Exercises, Interval 10/50, 1x
1. Backward Lunge with Kick Up -left
2. Backward Lunge with Kick Up -right
3. 1-Arm Press Up -alternating arms
4. 2 Kick-Ups with Breakdance Push Up
5. Pike Jump with Squat Jump

Part 2: 5 minutes of alternating 1-leg Squat with Squat Jump

Repeat Part 1

Part 4: 5 minutes of capoeira move

Workout Stats:
Avg. HR- 153
Max. HR- 172
Min. HR- 116
Time Above- 18:50
Time In- 3:32
Time Below- 0:00
Burn- 16g, 125.3 Kc

No comments:

Post a Comment