Tuesday, May 11, 2010

New Fitness Challenge to Myself

I have been very happy with the results I have seen with my current workout routine.  I've been doing my Physique 57 DVD's 5 days a week and a TRX workout one day a week.  However, I've been doing the P57 DVD's for the last six months and noticed that I'm starting to lose motivation to do my workouts in the morning.  I've been waiting and waiting for the new P57 DVD's to come out, to give me a bit more variety in my days, but it looks like those are still several months out so....... I've decided to try and switch things up a bit.  I'm a bit hesitant to abandon my current routine since I feel it have worked well for me, but at least I know that I can always come back to it and get results.

I saw a workout challenge on a website I sometimes read and thought I'd join in.  It was a challenge to do the workouts from the bodyrock.tv website for 40 days.  I've done some of these workouts off and on over the last few months and have always "enjoyed" them.  Enjoyed really isn't the right word... rather they kicked my butt quickly and effectively.  I like them because most of them are short, body weight workouts that don't require a bunch of equipment.  They are also great for getting my heart rate up, giving a cardio effect, and sufficiently working my muscles. 

So today I'm starting 40 days of bodyrock.tv workouts.  I haven't completely decided on my rotation but I'm going to aim for 5 bodyrock workouts and 1 TRX a week.  If I start to feel too fatigued from this, I may sub one of the bodyrock workouts for a mellower, lower intensity workout.  I may also include the TRX in some of my bodyrock workouts to make them more effective.  For instance, today's workout included pistol squats with a kozacek (I really have no idea what that means but that is how Zuzana named it).  I had a really hard time getting low into this squat because of lack of balance and flexibility.  I've done something similar before using the TRX and I think I could have had better form and gone deeper with the squat if I'd used it today.  So next time I come across a similar exercise I think I set up the TRX to aid me.

No comments:

Post a Comment