Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Fitness Challenge Day #16

Today's fitness challenge workout was the Killer 600 Rep Workout (http://www.bodyrock.tv/2009/11/19/600-rep-workout/).  This workout consists of 60 reps of 10 different exercises for a total of 60 reps.... thus the name of the workout.  The exercises in this workout were:

1. Half Burpees with Calf Raise
2. 1 Leg Push Ups (30 per leg)
3. Jump Lunges
4. One Leg Dead Lifts (30 per leg)
5. Crunches with Leg Extensions
6. Prisoner Squat with Front Kick (switching legs)
7. One Leg Tricep Dips (switching legs)
8. One Leg Jump Knee Up (30 per leg)
9. Chest Lift
10. Over the Chair Kick (30 per leg)

I really liked this workout.  It was tough and really felt like it hit every part of my body.  I especially appreciated the tricep dips.  Normally workouts only include a couple of tricep dips and they always feel super easy but by rep 60 my arms literally collapsed under me.  I also took a few very short breaks during the push ups but did manage to complete all 60 on my toes!  The chest lifts were hard for me as I was breathing so hard I couldn't keep my abs pulled in and I couldn't lift up very high.  My overall time for completing this workout was 20:02.  I actually felt pretty sluggish today during my workout but was very surprised with my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment