Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Another Week Gone

Yet again, I'm way behind in logging my workouts.  I've been fighting a sinus infection (okay, I've actually lost the fight and have a sinus infection but refuse to admit it since then I'd have to take my husband's advice and go to the doctor) so I've been so low on energy that I haven't even wanted to take the time to blog.  On the upside, I have kept up with my workouts.  I have definitely lowered the intensity on some of them but have kept moving and I think knowing that each day I did get some physical activity in has kept my spirits up.  So here is a quick rundown of what I've been doing the past week:

Last Sunday:  I did my own thing and it turned out to be a pretty tough workout.  It consisted of 2 parts. The first part was Tabata style intervals with the following exercises. I repeated the circuit twice for 4 minutes of workout time.

1. Power Jumping Jacks
2. Snowboarder Jumps
3. Sumo Squat Side Shuffle
4. Forward/Back Jump Touchdowns

The second part of the workout was done in 15/45 sec. intervals. Again, repeated the entire circuit twice for 10 minutes of workout time in Part 2.

1. Tricep Bench Dips
2. Turkish Get Ups
3. Elevated Cross Knee Tucks
4. 1-Leg Push Ups
5. Dancing Crab

After doing Part 2, I repeated Part 1 again for a total workout time of 18 minutes.


Last Monday:   I did Marianne's newest workout, the Black Jack Body Blast (I love the name!). Sometimes I'm in the mood to do a certain type of exercise and for some reason, I woke up that morning wanting to do Squat tap taps. So when I saw Marianne's workout, I knew it was the one for me today (even though it included those dreaded mtn. climbers).

Last Tuesday:  I tried Debbie S's Upper Lower Body Blast.  This was a great, and very versitile, workout.  I used a dumbell for the swings and did 10 per arm and 5 double handed each round since I didn't want to attempt the alternating swings yet. This was a deceivingly tough workout! I only made it through 3 rounds because I just couldn't imagine another round of 10 pull-ups. I also had to take breaks between my pull-ups each round and even then I had to do several of them assisted. This was a goody and I'll definitely keep it on my "to do again" list, alternating the type and style of push-ups, lunges, squats, etc.  It took me 27:35 to do 3 rounds.  

1. Push Ups 10 reps
2. KB Swings 25 reps
3. Squats w/ weight 20 reps
4. Jump Squat 25 Reps
5. Pull Ups 10 reps
6. KB Swings 25 reps
7. Lunges w/ weight 20 reps
8. Jump Lunges 25 reps
9. Push Ups 10 reps
10. Swings 25 reps
11. Deadlifts w/weight 20 reps

Wednesday:  50 reps each of the folloiwng 10 exercises.  The entire workout lasted 20:35.

1. Crazy Bootcamp Exercise
2. Walk Over Push Ups
3. Cross Scissor Jump
4. Side Plank Lifts (25/side)
5. Turkish Get Ups
6. Reverse Knee Tucks
7. Side Step Ups (25/side)
8. 1- Arm Side push Ups
9. Side Jump Lunges
10. Reverse Crunches

This was a good one for really fatiguing my muscles.

Thursday:  I did a workout very similar to the couplet workout a did a few weeks ago and had so much fun doing.  I changed up a few exercises but it was the same set-up....10/30 intervals and each couplet was repeated 3xs before moving on to the next couplet.

1a. Explosive Star
1b. Walk Out Push ups

2a. Super Low Oblique Hop Squats
2b. Seated Bicycle

3a. Flying Scissor Jump
3b. Push Up to Side Bridge with Elbow tuck

4a. Turkish Get Ups
4b. Strong Core Exercise

5a. Roll Back/Jump up
5b. Super Girl Push Ups


Friday: 25 reps of each exercise and repeat the entire circuit 2xs.  It took 22:17.

1. Roll Back/Jump Up
2. TRX Tricep Press
3. Side Lunges-lt
4. T,I,Y's
5. Side Jump Lunges rt
6. TRX Low Rows
7. 4- square jumps
8. Ball Hand to Foot Transfer
9. Plank to Pike Jump
10. TRX Side Plank with Leg Lift-lt
11. TRX Side Plank with Leg Lift-rt

Saturday was a day off and Sunday I did something bit different.... I went back to a P57 workout.  I was really feeling like a yoga workout or something that was slower paced and more "stretchy" but the closest thing I had was the P57 Express workout.  Well, it really wasn't slower paced but it was kind of fun to do again and see how it felt after not having done it for so long.  Well, the thigh work was tough!  I forgot how much my thighs could burn.  On the other hand, I felt like I was stronger during the glute work and during the core work now then I was several months ago when I was doing P57 regularly.  So that was a nice surprise and validation that the workouts I've been doing have been good for me.

Today I did a modified version of Zuzana's Booty Fat Melt Down.  I changed the intervals slightly and did Turkish Get Ups instead of the sand bag exercise she scheduled in the workout (since I don't have a sand bag).  I also added an extra 3 min. round of the Get Ups at the end of the workout so the entire workout ended up being 18 minutes.

Part 1: 10/20 Interval 6xs
1. Push Up/Side Jump
2. Plank Elbow Knee Tuck

Part 2: 3 Minutes of Turkish Get Ups w/ 10 lb weight

Part 3: 10/20 intervals 6xs
1. Jump Squat
2. Alternating Side Crunch

Part 4: 3 Minutes of Turkish Get Ups w/ 10 lb weight

This wasn't a very tough workout but the exercises in part 1 were new and interesting.  I especially liked the Plank Elbow Knee Tuck and I'd add it to my list of "fun" exercises.

No comments:

Post a Comment